Dean Chalykoff's Welcome
Welcome to the Luxembourg branch of the John F. Welch College of Business at Sacred Heart University. As you might already know, the college is named after the legendary previous CEO of General Electric, Jack Welch.
A business education at the Welch College of Business is much more than simply acquiring academic knowledge. It is also about gaining a deep understanding of the subject matter and insight enabling application to the realities of the business world.
The Luxembourg branch was founded in 1991 and has been growing ever since, thanks in large part to the support of the active local business community. We offer a part-time MBA, a full-time MBA with internship, and professional certificate programs.
Our programs facilitate a rich and stimulating learning experience based on:
- A faculty mix of accomplished scholars and experienced business executives from both Europe and the US;
- A cross section of international students, mostly already experienced working professionals;
- The integration across disciplines of a significant portion of our MBA program, which is explored in a business process approach;
- An applied learning environment with real-world business case studies and projects;
- The opportunity to earn credits in the United States at our main campus or in Asia, as you take part in these alternating bi-yearly study trips; and finally
- Our ability to provide individual attention to our students.
Our goal at the Welch College of Business is to develop the next generation of leaders. All our activities and programs are focused on enhancing student learning, achieved through our vision of a business school that co-creates educational experiences with our students, our faculty and our network of business partners.
I invite you to explore these pages further and find out more about our various programs offered here in Luxembourg.
John Chalykoff, Ph.D.
Dean, John F. Welch College of Business
Sacred Heart University
Fairfield, Connecticut USA
For further information please contact the Academic Director of the Luxembourg Campus, Dr. Alfred Steinherr.
Phone: +352 22 76 13 1
Fax: + 352 22 76 23
"The Welch MBA at Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg has been an intense, insightful and powerful learning experience propelled by an international network of faculty and students. The 18 months part time evening program has provided me with a valuable set of hard and soft skills for my professional and also for my private life. Hard skills in terms of a profound business framework, and soft skills in terms of ethical behavior and leadership principles, combined with a personal development plan. The Welch MBA gives you the confidence that you can achieve your personal and professional goals with the right tools. It has been an experience for life!"
Thomas Schneider, '12 MBA