3 reasons why education is important?
– First, there is a common misunderstanding about education. Education is not knowledge. Finding out information is easy but being able to draw a line between what we know and what we don’t know is much more difficult. Learning how to draw this line is what education is all about.
– Then, once we are aware of the limits of our knowledge, we can start to discover and invent ways to get past them. Education is the driving force of creation.
– Education is eventually like a trail of breadcrumbs. In and out of the classroom, “anything that comes to our hand is as good as a book” as Montaigne coined it. Each and every one of our experiences is part of the curriculum.
3 words to your Alumni and Students?
– Curiosity: How can we go from being a child constantly asking questions about everything to an adult who is happy with no longer having to question the world around us? Be curious, keep asking questions, try to see how different topics can be related.
– Grades: Do not focus on grades and other metrics because that will prevent you from enjoying the learning process.
– Demand: Be demanding with yourself so that you can be proud of your work.
3 favorite places in Lux?
– The forest of Dudelange for a run;
– The Mosel Region and its rolling hills for a hike;
– Vianden for all things history: Victor Hugo lived there for a few months.
Want to know more about Nicolas, click here
- SHULU’s “Sustainability in Action” Leadership Platform delivers concrete and actionable results
- PE Certificate: Let’s hear about Certified Student Celil Ishik experience
- Registration Open: Summer & Fall 2020 Classes
- SHULU Networking Event October 2021
- SHU 25th Graduation Ceremony: Friday, December 9, 2016, 6:00 pm