PRIVATE EQUITY & OTHER ALTERNATIVE ASSET CLASSES
OCT 5–NOV 30
Chamber of Commerce
LPEA & SHU PARTNERSHIP
The Luxembourg Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (LPEA) and the Sacred Heart University have joined forces to create a business certificate for Luxembourg professionals, specifically designed to focus on Private Equity: The Private Equity Business Certificate Program.
Together, the LPEA and SHU developed a comprehensive curriculum that offers a unique opportunity to deep-dive into Private Equity and Venture Capital.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE ARE KEY PILLARS OF LPEA’S MISSION
This initiative with the Sacred Heart University is the first of a long-term development in Luxembourg that aims at enhancing the skill set of newcomers and current practitioners in Private Equity and Venture Capital, while embracing the University’s “Learn Today, Apply Tomorrow” mission.
JOIN OUR FLAGSHIP COURSE:
PRIVATE EQUITY & OTHER ALTERNATIVE ASSET CLASSES
You’ll gain first-hand insight from seasoned professionals and experts on how best to apply what you learn,
into your current business or future career.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 5, 2020
DIVE INTO PRIVATE EQUITY AND VENTURE CAPITAL
Private Equity is one of the best performing asset classes.
Over the past decades, the industry has consistently grown to exceed €4 trillion in assets under management. Those distributions, combined with the poor performance and volatility linked to traditional asset classes, have driven a number of new investors to enter the Private Equity world.
Luxembourg is one of the most popular jurisdictions for private equity and venture capital. Whilst historically a local presence in Luxembourg was limited mostly to smaller and/or emerging General Partners, many large international houses have set up and conducted business out of Luxembourg since the middle of the last decade with a considerable and growing local substance.
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) introduced new organizational requirements and specific disclosure rules regarding AIFMs managing AIFs which acquire control of non-listed companies and issuers. Focus shifted from well-known product regulation to manager regulation.
The alternative investments industry accepted the challenge and is governed today by a framework that is eligible to develop into a brand, just as the UCITS Directive.
PE managers appreciate Luxembourg's business friendly environment and they have embraced the introduction of the Reserved Alternative Investment Fund (RAIF), which completed the Luxembourg investment fund toolbox by a manager-regulated alternative fund.
In a fast changing environment, the industry is however facing challenges of an economic and regulatory nature. While Luxembourg has been active in the Private Equity field for more than two decades, until recently very few large investment vehicles were established there. In this new paradigm, the appetite for the Luxembourg fund structuring toolbox has increased beyond expectations. The diverse range of vehicles, from unregulated to regulated products, together with the asset class expertise developed over the years within the professional community and the CSSF are key factors of this collective success.
This shift is driving a strong demand for skilled employees who understand how the industry operates in its entire value chain—from fund structuring through to operations and exits.
The Private Equity & Other Alternative Asset Classes course and the Private Equity Business Certificate Program aim to meet the growing demands of the industry by delivering both engaging and challenging courses, providing participants with tailored curriculum and professional insights to develop new skills and knowledge directly applicable to the day-to-day business operations.
REGISTRATION DETAILS - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Standard Price: €1,950 (EUR)
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 5, 2020
- REGISTER ONLINE – REGISTER NOW
When you are ready to register, access the online registration system HERE.
- Partial Payment is due upon registration. Participants will be invoiced separately for the remaining fee balance. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
- Price includes learning materials and processing fee.
DATES & TIMES
OCT 5 – NOV 30 | 12 CLASSES | 3 HOURS/CLASS | 1-2 CLASSES/WEEK
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course will provide an overview of the main approaches, structures and actors in Alternative Assets and specifically Private Equity. With well-known on the ground practitioners the elements of a successful Private Equity Fund will be described and discussed in detail.
The course will specifically address:
- Alternative Asset Strategies such as Venture Capital, Leveraged Buyout, Real Assets and Private Debt.
- The fundraising, investment and portfolio management of Private Equity funds.
- Legal and tax aspects of selecting and setting up Private Equity vehicles.
- The exiting and performance measurement and reporting for Private Equity funds.
- Grasping the Big Picture.
- Introduction to the Private Equity market in Luxembourg.
- Overview of different elements of a successful operation of a Private Equity fund.
- Understand the opportunities and functioning of the Alternative Asset classes and the Private Equity market.
- Lectures by and discussion with specialized practitioners of Alternative Asset market segments.
- Lecture-based teaching method with interactive in-class discussions.
(Basic preliminary studies, i.e. via internet, would be helpful.)
- Practitioners such as fund managers, lawyers, auditors, tax advisors and other service providers to the industry will share their knowledge and experience and discuss theoretical and practical challenges of their specialization.
- Participants will be required to participate actively in the class discussions.
- Team Project: Your Private Equity/Alternative Asset Fund
Participants will be split into teams the start of the course. The project will aim at simulating a real-life launch of an alternative fund using the topics covered throughout the course, and displaying that you understood the “Big Picture”. Participants will showcase their findings and fund in final pitch presentation.
Faculty will be available throughout the course to provide feedback and advice.
- Grading will be based on discussion participation and the Team Project.
- Participants learn to recognize how they can use material in the context of their own organization and apply concepts in their professional environment of future career.
- A diverse set of perspectives across industries, professional experiences and academic disciplines: participants come from a variety of backgrounds and companies, ensuring exposure to a broad range of learning experiences.
- This courses is academically accredited at the graduate level.
- Credits earned may be applied toward the Private Equity Business Certificate or the MBA Degree.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed as overview/introduction to Private Equity/Alternative Assets with more detailed and specialized discussions of the alternative asset universe.
- Financial sector professionals with an interest to develop in Alternative Assets and Private Equity.
- Individuals aspiring to start a career in the Alternative Assets and Private Equity markets.
- Professional AND Individuals looking to expand their understanding of Private Equity.
- Basic prior understanding of Private Equity and finance concepts will be helpful for this course, but is not a “must-have”.
(Basic knowledge can be obtained via prior self-studies.)
Experts in the Private Equity and Venture Capital field, including fund managers, lawyers, auditors, tax advisors and other service providers to the industry will share their knowledge and experience and discuss theoretical and practical challenges of their specialization.