Michael Zhang, DBA
Summer 2016 3 CH Elective
Dates: August 1 – August 13 (for in-class portion of course)
- 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights (Aug 1 – Aug 5)
- 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights (Aug 8 – Aug 12)
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm on Saturday, August 13
Written project assignments due up to one month following August 13.
USA students will be traveling to Luxembourg to join in this course.
Course Description: According to a recent article in KMWorld (the leading magazine on the practice of knowledge management), today retailers can harness big data and big content from their customers for big profits through knowledge management systems. Opportunities to improve business performance through knowledge management practices and systems also abound in other service and manufacturing industries. Leading companies such as World Bank, Danone ,IBM, Deutsche Bank and Siemens have reaped enormous benefits from their knowledge management efforts. In this course, you will explore critical issues, problems and challenges facing organizations in managing their knowledge resources. You will also learn about contemporary concepts, ideas and tools for effective knowledge management and have opportunities to apply them in helping your organization identify solutions that better develop and leverage its knowledge.
Michael Zhang is an Associate Professor of Management at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT. Michael teaches management and international business at both undergraduate and graduate levels at the SHU US campus and has published multiple research articles in those two disciplines. He received his BA from Guangdong University of Foreign Studies in People’s Republic China, MBA from Gonzaga University, MPA from Eastern Washington University, and Doctor of Business Administration from Cleveland State University.
- SHU Alumni Drink
- 4TH OF JULY ALUMNI NETWORKING DRINK
- CHAMP Cargosystems partnering with Sacred Heart University to guide the next generation of visionaries
- From Professional to Student-Intern and Back Again!
- Summer Voices: Meet our MBA Student Ashish Bansal: “An internship into a full-time job halfway through my MBA”